Dr. Rakhi Jani and our dental team are committed to meeting all of your needs for a healthier, more attractive smile. While we strive to provide the more conservative treatment possible, some conditions and circumstances may necessitate oral and maxillofacial surgery. This includes a number of surgical treatments for the head, neck, face, hard and soft tissues, and jaws that are used to improve your oral health, appearance, and function. The following are common types of of oral surgery in Livermore, California:
• Tooth extraction – For teeth that are so badly infected or damaged that an effective restoration is impossible, for impacted teeth, or to prepare for orthodontics.
• Dental implants – These are artificial, permanent tooth roots used to replace missing teeth.
• Facial and oral injury repair – Based on the type of injury, our dentist may also work with other medical and healthcare professionals to provide the best possible results.
• Jaw surgery – To correct uneven jaw growth, to improve the fit of dentures, or to treat a TMJ disorder.
• Cleft palate repair – To improve the health, appearance, and function of your smile.
• Frenectomy – To remove an irregularly short or thick frenulum that disrupts your normal ability to speak or eat.
For more information on oral and maxillofacial surgery, we welcome you to call or visit us today at Smiles Unlimited.